Friday, May 28, 2010

Reminders

God, would you give me the heart of Hosea?

Would you show me that nothing I ever endure or put up with compares with how often and how grievously I wrong you. Teach me not to judge. And teach me to commit to a love that is unfathomable, a love that holds no record of wrongs, a love that delights in goodness.

For I am no different than that prostitute-wife. I have the relationship with a God who commits me to like Hosea did. Teach me to go that next step, and be Hosea-like to that one individual. And let me take true delight in any change that comes, and if no change does come, then to yield myself to admitting, "vengeance is the Lord's." I lay everything into Your hands, and ask for strength simply to love from here on out...

I refuse to be brought down. I WILL live in the joy that I have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment