Sunday, October 3, 2010

What do I do now?

God... PLEASE show me the point in this struggle. I've tried and tried to take everything from their perspective. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, to place myself in their shoes. I've tried, genuinely. But I don't know how to keep the peace any longer. I don't know if it's right to keep the peace any longer.

I don't know whether to attribute it to the generational gap, the cultural gap, or just the uniqueness of their stubbornness. There is no compromise in our discussions Lord. How can you call it a compromise when they demand not 98, not 99, but 100% of every term of their demands? What do you do when they refuse to yield any part?

Do I hurt them where it hurts? Do I bear it now and just disappear from their lives? What's the right thing to do God?

How much of an effort must I make to keep the peace? How much must I honor? At what point do I lose any self-dignity of my own in yielding so much? At what point do I stop being taken seriously for not having convictions of my own, when I continue to yield as much as I do?

Only you know the struggle I am going through. You assure me that you've faced every hardship and can share in every pain. You know the effort I've poured out in the last few months to mend and reform this relationship that was ALWAYS in conflict. I tried so hard to make it not merely a coexistence but a thriving relationship. God, I've invested and yielded and sacrificed. And for awhlie, it's been working. But I don't see them meeting me ANY part down the road of reconciliation. I don't even ask to meet at the half-way, it can be at the 10% their side, 90% mine, but they don't even give me that. Must I still yield Lord?

Where is the line God?

No comments:

Post a Comment