Sunday, November 7, 2010

Intercession

God, would you teach me to be an intercessor?

Teach me the difference between wishing the best and praying.
Teach me to pray specifically for every soul, the needs of every heart, and not throw up ambiguous, all-encompassing generalizations that I want to pass off as prayer.
Teach me to pray and cast my worries and anxieties on you, because nothing is resolved by worrying. Teach me to pray for OTHERS' worries and anxieties, that YOU may bring that same peace to them.
Teach me to pray boldly: not for easier circumstances, but for STRENGTH in STRENGTH-TESTING circumstances.
Teach me to know that should every form of service disappear from my activities, I can continue to SERVE in PRAYER.
Teach me ultimately not to carry out the ACT of prayer, but the ATTITUDE of prayer.

"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, prayer is the greater work." --Oswald Chambers

"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

No comments:

Post a Comment