Monday, November 1, 2010

Future Prayer Requests

Lord, I want to thank you. And give you glory for all that You do. You hear the cries of the desperate and pleading, and you pour out mercy and grace.

God you know that for the past few months/ maybe even a year, my prayer has been to have an opportunity to leave this place. Leave the home of my parents and really have an opportunity to start my life anew. With my own sovereignty, and really test my own resolve and man/adult-hood.

But Father, at the same time I want to honor my parents. I know that You know that it's such a huge temptation to think, "i'm boning out of this place next year. Why bother investing in this family anymore? I'll be starting my own in 5-10 years."

But I recall the brokenness. The lovelessness. The fighting and the bickering. The flaws in every single one of my family members including myself. Sure, it's easier to just run away. But God, I want to commit to praying for them. Despite my history in this household, despite the bad memories, I know that you have placed me into this family to bless it. And it hasn't been all bad. There were plenty of celebrations, plenty of fond memories.

God I want to remember you in this family. Because I love you, give me the strength and the tenacity, the 끈기 to hold stubbornly to praying for them. Please, Lord, Give me the strength to honor this family in Your name.

Other Prayer requests:
Law school environment: Churches
ONETHING conference

No comments:

Post a Comment